|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable multi-sector customer goals and overcome business challenges. Position requires critical thinking coupled with execution of identified business opportunities. Responsible for leading all facets of the relationship with large named and territory accounts while ensuring revenue goals are being met. Maintains contact at relevant levels in the accounts focusing on strategic nature of the relationship. Able to build and maintain relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. Develops opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and build positive relationships. Able to partner effectively, and tactically, with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs based on need or required value. This is a quota carrying role.
- Primary point-of-contact for account/(s) regardless of account’s geographic location. Maintain contact with accounts at an executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sells the organization’s products or services to and manage relationships with existing named accounts.
- Responsible for expanding and retaining net new territory accounts
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes and overcome objectives to closure, and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Must understand organization’s business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5’s technical solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers, regularly follow-up on leads and develop leads, and act to close deals.
- Identify market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives for the territory.
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained regularly
- Develop and maintain account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed with management on a regular basis.
- Partner with internal and external teams and channels to develop innovative technical solutions to improve F5´s footprint and Customer dependent in the territory.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strong solution selling and presentation abilities
- Advanced client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Strong Influencing skills
- Demonstrated selling skills in a sophisticated matrix environment
- Demonstrates effective use of internal relationships and resources
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload, develop and manage pipeline and forecasting
- Requires niche knowledge in security services, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment.
- BA/BS degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel (national and international) via automobile or airplane
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.