Last updated 33 minutes ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is seeking a Senior Program Manager in the Cloud Platform team to enhance our effectiveness by leading key technical programs, championing delivery success, and operationalising the platform development processes in order to make our delivery teams more effective.
R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects.
As the ideal Program Manager, you are a dynamic individual who thrives in making order out of chaos. Alongside leaders and colleagues in the Program Management team, you will develop and apply practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams.
Atlassian’s future lies in the cloud, and our Cloud Platform provides a key strategic advantage for our customers, users and ecosystem. Our team has the enormous potential to increase the impact of every Atlassian cloud engineer, from those who work on our internal platforms, to those who strive to improve the experiences of our fanatical end-users. But first, we need to empower our own engineering teams, and enable them to do the best work of their lives.
Teams building Atlassian's major cloud products and platforms all rely on a robust, reliable platform to shepherd their code from development to production, while maintaining the high standards for our code quality and deployment practices. As a Senior Program Manager for the Cloud Foundations team, you will understand the 'why' behind strategic plans and manage work to execute on them. You will guide reporting mechanisms, craft communications for various audiences (including executives), set processes for cross team projects, and/or jump into a team to help connect and unblock teams.
To be successful in this role, you will build strong partnerships with the Engineering, Product, and Design leaders. You will engage with many cross-functional teams (with many varying perspectives!) and keep them aligned to satisfy the strategic plan. You will need to deeply understand Atlassian's priorities, and relate them to company level business goals. You are a center of team spirit, and you craft and implement pathways to up-level the teams working toward a common strategy.
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
- Ensure the Cloud Foundations leadership teams are planning, setting the right goals, and executing on those goals effectively with good tracking and reporting methods
- Run strategic programs, which focus on technical delivery across the cloud platform
- Be a partner to product and engineering disciplines to facilitate prioritisation and trade-offs between the Platform group and stakeholders
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Apply good program management discipline to programs across the team, focussing on building plans, stakeholder engagement, communication, dependency management, and risk & issue management
- Ensure that the Cloud Foundations teams has a transparent and smooth operating model that incorporates common inputs and outputs
- Always be aware of the highest priority programs, OKRs, and wins across Cloud Foundations. You should be the primary source of status and truth about our programs and will bubble that status up to Platform Leadership
- Identify areas where programs or processes are needed across the org, and create and manage creative solutions for these programs
- Coach, assist and facilitate teams to enable them to continue to grow and be even more effective
- A passion for solving complex problems
- You love running complex cross-functional programs in a fast paced environment with many moving parts
- You have demonstrated excellence in working with leadership teams and have the ability to guide and challenge leadership teams as a true partner
- You are viewed by your peers and stakeholders as a model for Program Management excellence and effectiveness, and seen as a leader within the Program Management organization
- You are a progressive thinker when it comes to Program Management and program effectiveness. You can think outside the box and present strategic vision for operating excellence
- You’re a coach, a facilitator and a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together
- You have experience with highly technical teams and can anticipate risks and dependencies on technical programs
- A track record of translating technical requirements with engineers to break down, scope out, and prioritise tasks
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive experience as a Program Manager within globally distributed teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises, and help set priorities appropriately amongst stakeholders and team members across product, engineering and design
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- You have the ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- You value a smooth operation and have experience in diagnosing pain points for teams, moving them to good and going the extra mile to ensure they are great
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian
- You fully understand the software development lifecycle and ensure teams are driving toward delivery of high quality, operationally sound products and services
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, and can creatively think on your feet to adapt
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience driving change management across a large, globally distributed, organisation
- Experience working on programs with platform and infrastructure teams in a large scale SaaS environment
- Experience working with remote, global, and cross-functional teams and matrix organizations, and an understanding of SaaS business models and enterprise sales
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.