|Job Type:||Full Time|
F5 technologies are at the heart of modern applications that are enabling digital transformation across the globe. We give the world’s largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to securely deliver every app, anywhere—with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment and helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers and offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you.
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representation of how we know the job has been done. We would love to talk to you even if you don’t check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The SE Job Overview:
The Senior Solutions Engineer (Sr SE) is a senior technical sales role. The Sr SE’s primary responsibility is to provide technical expertise and knowledge of F5 solutions, related technologies and competitive offerings to colleagues, customers and channel partners within a given market segment.
The high-level objective is to achieve allocated sales targets in partnership with one or more Sales Account Managers, by specifying relevant F5 solutions and products that meet our customers’ business needs. The Sr SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands our customers’ technical and business challenges and is able to propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns and offer gainful solutions.
To be effective, an SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge of F5 products and the eco-system that we work in. Fear not, we provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
Sounds interesting? Read on…
What you’ll do:
- Articulate F5’s solution strategies, messaging and position F5’s value proposition to meet customer and partner business objectives
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, demonstrations and proofs of concept utilising various delivery media
- Determine the viability of opportunities and map out organisational structures
- Drive the sales process in partnership with Account Manager(s), by identifying technical decision makers, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices and updates, offer and seek expertise
How you’ll do it:
- Advanced knowledge of software application platforms, virtualisation and cloud computing
- Expertise in solution designs, performance and sizing for large scale environments
- Experience in secure multi-cloud architectures
- Understanding of application security vulnerabilities, threats and controls
- Proficiency in containerized and microservices architecture, orchestration solutions (eg: OpenShift, Kubernetes, Service Mesh)
What you’ll bring:
- Expert technical communication, presentation and account management skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience in leading initiatives
- Advanced F5 solution knowledge and / or relevant experience in competitive offerings
- 12 + years of related industry experience
- Relevant certifications
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
What you’ll get:
- This role is based in Canberra with flexibility to work remotely
- While we encourage remote / virtual meetings, the nature of the role could require travel up to 30% of the time
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development are available at every stage of your career
- The position reports to the Director, Solutions Engineering ANZ
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups