|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno provides a range of first-class geotechnical engineering services using a wide variety of investigation and analysis techniques. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team of professionals in our Geosciences business. We are flexible for this role to be based in either Brisbane (Fortitude Valley) or Mackay.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Undertaking geotechnical analyses, modelling and design in areas such as slope stability, pavements, landfills, dams, foundations, retaining walls and other structures
- Working on a wide range of projects with experienced and highly qualified engineers, hydrogeologists, geotechnicians and environmental scientists/engineers
- Managing a diverse range of projects from inception to completion
- Participating in the quoting and delivery of projects; ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard to meet client expectations and timelines.
- Undertaking engineering judgement, interpretation and analysis of data to develop and implement best practice to provide practical and commercial solutions
- Producing high quality technical reports
Your key attributes essential for success in this position include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering
- At least five years' experience in geotechnical engineering preferably with mine site, drilling and rock core logging experience
- A commitment to our goal of Zero Harm and drug free
- Driving licence and the ability to travel to remote sites for project work
- Strong report writing coupled with excellent communication skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.