South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal (IMC) is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management and Reliability the purpose of the role is to provide technical support for updating and maintaining electrical engineering standards throughout IMC while supporting asset management and reliability engineering through providing electrical engineering expertise to ensure IMC assets are safe, reliable and optimized as per the South32 Asset Management Standards.
Other accountabilities include:
- Developing, updating, and maintaining electrical engineering standards across IMC with a goal of standardising as many electrical engineering standards across IMC as practicable
- Driving the compliance change management process from identification of change by site(s) through to closure of final actions
- Reporting on progress of change management process to stakeholders via the Fortnightly Asset Management and Reliability Meeting
- Govern electrical standards and inputs in to the IMC Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP); detailing and stewarding actions to closure to be executed by site personnel in order to comply with the SAMP
- In conjunction of Reliability Teams, support and monitor electrical engineering effectiveness in maintenance strategies through review of RCM and FMECA studies
- Support the execution of the major root cause analysis (RCA) process and actions to improve asset operating performance technical input and expertise to analysis and summarising diagnostic activities linked to progressing major RCAs
- Deliver service to mine sites in accordance with the Asset Management and Reliability Service Level Agreement (SLA); service levels being measured as outlined in the SLA
- Provide technical expertise and support to site Asset Management and Reliability personnel to maximise benefits of service provided
This position will be based at Wollongong office, located at the University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus with occasional travel to our Appin/Dendrobium/West Cliff Colliery operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical, Diploma Asset Management, ideally Electrical Statutory Qualification
- Asset Management expertise in resource industry including FMECA/ RCM facilitation
- ICAM, Apollo Root Cause, Statistical and Data Analysis
- Project, Risk, Change Management1 and SAP work management
- 5 years of working in mining operations including underground coal
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in introducing and/or modifying assets and infrastructure in the Heavy Engineering Industry
- Experience in providing execution and technical services to large capital projects including brownfield and greenfield projects
- Contract, finance and procurement management
- Competitive salaries and bonus structures
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.