South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management and Reliability the purpose of the role is to lead, manage and provide technical leadership for asset management and reliability at IMC to ensure IMC assets are safe, reliable and optimized as per the South32 Asset Management Standards.
Other accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Leads, coaches and mentors Reliability team members to ensure delivery against performance targets
- Deliver service to mine sites in accordance with the Asset Management and Reliability Service Level Agreement (SLA); service levels being measured as outlined in the SLA
- Management Standard by providing technical expertise to site production and maintenance personnel
- Executing, updating asset management plans and associated work management systems to maintain compliance with the IMC asset management system
- Evaluating the impact of mine plan, capital, maintenance OPEX, and/or budget changes on asset management plans and strategy
- In conjunction with Asset Management Teams, build and maintain equipment maintenance strategies for all equipment within the operational area of responsibility through RCM and FMECA studies
- Performs group level analysis of conditioning monitoring data, initiates maintenance strategies and/or changes to strategies to address emerging risks
- Review / approve 1SAP Master Data change requests in line with maintenance strategies and content quality requirements
This position will be based at Appin Operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney, with occasional travel to our Wollongong office, located at the University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical or Electrical
- Asset Management expertise in resource industry including FMECA/ RCM facilitation
- ICAM and Apollo Root Cause Analysis
- Project, Risk, Change, Contract and Procurement management
- Advanced 1SAP, Excel, Visual Basic and/or Matlab
- 5 years working in mining operations underground coal environment
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in introducing and/or modifying assets and infrastructure in the Heavy Engineering Industry
- Experience in providing execution and technical services to large capital projects including brownfield and greenfield projects
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, coach and mentor employees resulting in improved engagement, diversity and organisational capability
- Competitive salaries and bonues structures
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.