|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the Project
Overseen by managing contractor Laing O’Rourke, the Osborne North Development Project will see the construction, refurbishment and modernisation of purpose-built facilities specifically designed to enable the most effective build of Australia’s Future Submarine fleet. The design and construction activities for the new Future Submarine Construction Yard will be incredibly important and complex. The project will transform the naval shipbuilding and ship sustainment industry here in Australia.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Project Services Engineer (Buildings) / Security Coordinator to join us on this exciting infrastructure project in Adelaide, South Australia. This role is responsible for ensuring Security design and construction requirements are complied with project-wide, in addition to Project Services Engineering responsibilities. This is a rare opportunity to join Laing O’Rourke - a privately owned, people-centric, international engineering enterprise with a culture of innovation.
- Coordinate the installation, testing, commissioning and handover of new services
- Ensure Security design and construction requirements are achieved
- Liaise with relevant authorities in relation to compliance
- Plan and sequence construction activities, track costs, manage services subcontractors interface with our design management and construction delivery team
- Always adhere to Laing O’Rourke’s safety policies and procedures
- Experience in delivering Services on large-scale, complex building projects
- Experience in delivering Building projects for Defence and with knowledge and understanding of Security requirements
- Australian Citizenship
- Relevant degree in Engineering (ideal Electrical or Mechanical)
- Strong delivery focus and leadership skills
- Experience with managing contractor models would be beneficial.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.