|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O’Rourke are recruiting for an Environmental & Sustainability Manager to assist in the tendering and delivery of major rail/infrastructure projects based in Melbourne, VIC. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- To provide advice to Project personnel and facilitate the implementation of the Project Environmental Management Plan in accordance with the project’s requirements.
- You will manage and drive the achievement of project sustainability outcomes by ensuring sustainability is embedded into project process and practises. Ensuring that the project is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable.
- Continually drive a strong environmental culture and exceptional environmental performance within the project team.
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification in built environment, sustainability, architecture and/ or equivalent with extensive experience on Infrastructure, Rail or Building projects as a ISAP and GSAP accredited professional.
- You will be required to keep abreast of environmental legislation, compliance and reporting requirements and show a high level of commercial awareness and an understanding of business.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.