|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
Our unique geographical location means that we are able to tap into expertise and resources from other countries in which we operate and so whether you are from a technical background or have traditionally worked in support services, you will be amazed at the career development opportunities that Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand can offer to you.
You will join the ANZ tunnels team being part of the Victoria transport sector working on variety of projects both in Victoria and interstate.
Candidates will require extensive experience in the following areas:
* Preparation of feasibility studies, tender designs and detailed design for rail and highway tunnels
* Experienced in Design and Construction projects
* Team leader supervising multi-disciplinary team in the production of design work
* Familiarity with design of sprayed concrete linings for temporary and permanent ground support and segmental linings for bored tunnels
* Shaft and cavern designs
* Experience with soil-structure interaction in design of shafts and caverns
* Ability to writing proposals for Engineering Services Requests
You will be:
* Chartered Engineer with Circa 10+ years of experience in tunnel engineering
* In depth knowledge of tunnelling techniques and construction methods associated with all forms of mined and bored tunnels
* Experience in road and rail/metro transport tunnel requirements, standards, specifications and details used in Australia
* In depth knowledge of health and safety legislation and practice for underground works, risk assessment and safety in design processes
* Leadership skills with ability to mentor and develop junior engineers
You will be familiar in the application of:
* FEM soil/structure modelling software such as Plaxis or FLAC 2D/3D
* BIM awareness
In return we offer you the opportunity to build a dynamic career and make the world you love. It's your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won't find just a job. You'll find the way to a greater future.
By joining Mott MacDonald, you will find we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.