|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about leveraging your deep technical leadership to accelerate impact in our Public Sector business and to support citizens and the digital transformation of countries around the world? If so, this could be your next great career opportunity!
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence and education.
The WWPS Global Market Development (GMD) mission is to ‘Make the Market’ - to drive cloud consumption through Digital Transformation and Modernization. The GMD team is a strategic arm for accelerating consumption within our three clouds, across the WWPS markets. The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be responsible for technical leadership, technical strategy, and technical preparedness.
In you role as the GMD CTO, you will bring broad technology knowledge, business acumen and the ability to provide strategic technical direction and leadership, as well as the presence to enhance Microsoft’s position within the Public Sector, globally.
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining cutting-edge technology expertise on par with the constant and fast-moving technology evolution
- Providing technical leadership in relation to market strategy for both long and short-term business goals
- Driving cutting-edge innovation, product and engineering group connection, and technical agenda in collaboration with Engineering and Global Sales, Marketing & Operations (GSMO)
- Providing business value services, including business cases, digital envisioning services, benefits analysis, and other business planning activities in support of modernization and digital transformation customer scenarios.
- Supporting our most complex deal situations (large, cross solution-area)
- Represent Government and key stakeholders as a lead technical authority in the Government market.
- Leading planning and integration with teams for roadmap development, identification of white space, continuous improvement of our offerings, delivery methods and feedback to drive product/service improvements.
- Engaging in cutting edge innovation, with expert-level engineers, and codifying this innovation to benefit customers, PGs, and partners.
- Fostering and growing GSMO and product group connection
- Being a visible role model and sponsor for technical leaders demonstrating our values and career potential
- Providing leadership for our Worldwide Communities’ ecosystem and knowledge exchange ensuring we drive a robust and active community approach centered on both technology and industry.
- Recognizing Excellence – supporting, rewarding, and encouraging key technical leaders across WWPS
- Growing technical talent – coaching, supporting, and guiding top technical talent
What we are looking for:
- 15+ years’ experience leading complex technical initiatives, projects, and solutions, ideally in the public sector.
- Exceptional business and technical acumen, with significant experience in the cloud (public, private, hybrid) and/or diverse technology solutions for the government industry
- Ability to effectively influence, without authority, working across a matrixed and complex business environment, encompassing diverse roles, cultures, and organizations.
- Experience working in distributed virtual teams, demonstrating solid collaboration and negotiation skills that result in positive outcomes for many stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal and presentation skills for diverse audiences, at all levels, with cultural awareness and inclusion. Additional languages are a definite advantage.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and to manage through ambiguous scenarios as needed.
- Undergraduate technical degree required, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree is a plus.
Location/Travel – You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect global travel, less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.