|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
As part of our IT Applications team, we are seeking to appoint a Technical Manager.
The Technical Manager oversees the integrated technical solutions for applications and maps the functional and non-functional requirements to the systems/technical requirements to ensure system reliability, project delivery and alignment with the enterprise architecture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the various IT teams and solution vendors to lead the technical workstream for the ongoing development, implementation, and management of SAP solution manager, middleware, and SQL database administration.
- Lead the technical strategy and roadmap to support the application architecture and lifecycle management
- Analyse and design technical solutions within the existing IT architectural landscape.
- Drive continuous operational improvements and innovative solutions through system implementation, integration, and upgrades
- Develop technical solution designs and provide subject matter expertise in relation to SAP Solution Manager, Fiori and ABAP Development, Application integration, database administration and technical innovation
- Lead and manage technicians both internally and externally, ensuring objectives, work tasks and delivery are performed to a quality standard.
- Provide required status updates to project teams, users, and levels of management
- Lead and manage relationships with key suppliers to ensure the agreed services and/or solutions are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Contribute and assist with the management of the financial budget from a technical system perspective
- Develop and adhere to standard operating procedures allied to best practice, ensuring protocols and guidelines are compliant
Your experience can demonstrate at least 3+ years management experience gained as an SAP Technical Lead, Consultant or similar coupled with database/DBA/SQL experience (including server upgrades).
You are an SAP subject matter expert, with expertise across key areas including ERP6, CPI enterprise integration, Fiori, Query Manager, Netweaver administration, portal architecture, design, configuration and content development, and archiving solutions.
You are competent with licence management, HTTP solutions, patching, single sign-on, configure disk layout, and backup and restore procedures. This is complimented with broad technology and design skills, integration of cloud-based application systems, middleware architecture and software development cycles. SAP certification will be highly regarded.
Project Management skills are critical, and you can adapt to new technologies and changing business requirements. You have excellent communication skills and are team orientated.