|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. At Downer we celebrate being different – different makes all the difference. Different people, same goal!
Our Facilities Services and Utilities business is uniquely diverse, providing services to our Downer and Spotless customers across the facilities management, three waters, power, gas, telecommunications, automation, cleaning and hospitality sectors. We are looking for someone just as unique and diverse to join us and help accelerate our growth as our Strategy & Growth Manager.
About your role:
This is a truly exciting new role for a collaborator with the ability to listen, question, facilitate, engage and take others on the journey. Part strategist, part coach, you will be equally happy to turn your hand to whatever is needed to ensure success, rolling up your sleeves and diving into the detail where required. Your role has three key strands:
- Working closely with our operational businesses, helping them to develop, align and implement their growth strategies.
- Using your skills and insights to help our Business Development Managers and Bid Managers develop opportunities, tender win and customer messaging strategies and tactics.
- Supporting our leadership team considering overall opportunities for growth including organic and by acquisition.
You will have proven senior level experience working in a complex organisation in a strategy or growth-focussed role. A good understanding of the Infrastructure or Services sector would be an advantage. You will be:
- A great communicator with strong people skills, allowing you to build rapport quickly and influence at all levels
- Skilled at strategy development/delivery and industry/market/sector analysis and using those tools to help win work
- Naturally curious, very observant and able to “read a room”
- Commercially astute and able to understand business, customer and market drivers
- Highly motivated and able to take ownership and close out actions with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Flexible and agile, comfortable with ambiguity and an environment where you may not have all the answers at the outset
- Willing to travel across the Auckland region and NZ on a regular basis
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573082 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.