South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management and Reliability the purpose of the role is to provide support for updating and maintaining structural engineering standards throughout IMC while supporting asset management and reliability engineering through providing structural engineering expertise.
Other accountabilities include:
- Developing, updating, and maintaining structural engineering standards across IMC with a goal of standardising as many structural engineering standards across IMC as practicable
- Driving the compliance change management process from identification of change by site(s) through to closure of final actions
- Support the execution of the major root cause analysis (RCA) process and actions to improve asset operating performance including:
- Supporting the diagnosing focus areas in collaboration with asset management and reliability personnel
- Providing technical expertise into the evaluation of the impact of RCA actions in driving benefits for site(s) to support other asset management and reliability personnel
- Deliver service to mine sites in accordance with the Asset Management and Reliability Service Level Agreement (SLA); service levels being measured as outlined in the SLA
This position will be based at Wollongong office, located at the University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus with occasional travel to our Appin/Dendrobium/West Cliff Colliery operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
- Bachelor of Engineering in relevant discipline
- Asset Management expertise in resource industry
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence across various levels of the business
- Operational exposure in heavy industry, experience in asset, project and risk management
- FMEA and management of change processes and procedures
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and experience related to effective management of geographically dispersed teams
- Generous salary and bonus structures
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.