|Job Type:||Part Time|
About The Role
An exciting opportunity exists for Support Workers to join our friendly Home and Community Care team on a Part Time basis in Port Macquarie .
In this role you will provide support to Uniting’s aged care clients to manage their day to day activities, enabling them to live independently and helping them reach their health and lifestyle goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Building lasting relationships with a range of clients
- Undertaking of domestic tasks including cooking and housework
- Personal Care including showering and toileting
- Provide transport to appointments and shopping allowing connection to their local community
- Working with clients with dementia and communicating with the broader care team about client’s wellbeing
With a focus on providing person centred care, you will need to have the empathy and compassion to engage with our valued clients.
Qualifications and experience:
- Current First Aid certificate
- Driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
- Previous experience in ageing or community care an advantage
- Cert III in Aged Care or equivalent
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for our staff and our clients. We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of kms between consecutive services.
- Hands on training, development and mentoring
- Long term career paths working alongside like-minded individuals
- An organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and society
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Check