|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Professional for the role of Management Accountant to support our operations within our Asset Services Business Unit based in Perth .
Committed to drive continuous improvement, innovative, cost effective process solutions and growth, the successful candidate will join a well-developed, highly interactive team. Focussing on procedures and controls to enable accurate, timely and reliable accounting decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Delivery of accurate month end reporting and associated month end processing
- Analysis of financial and operational performance, seeking to identify opportunities for improvement
- Providing accounting guidance to the business including compliance with relevant accounting standards
- Support the business with financial requests (purchase orders, weekly payment reviews, labour/expenditure costs and associated issues)
- Preparation of divisional reporting, budgeting and forecasting to provide analysis on variances and ensuring actions are realised and managed;
- Obtaining data and analysis required for monthly and quarterly reviews/forecasts and assist with the cash flow forecast and reporting;
- Capable of working autonomously while promoting open, collaborative communication to support your non-financial colleagues in their day to day operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and working towards CPA/CA accreditation
- 3+ years’ experience in the Mining/Construction Industry and/or Project Accounting
- Ability to confidently work with the Project Team to provide financial insight critical to decision-making
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and analytical ability to forecast and budget
- Ability to prepared monthly journals, completed eom reporting and reconciliations
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple tasks with conflicting/strict deadlines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Experience in JDE Global Solution preferred
- Excellent communication skills to build positive working relationships, both internal and external
- High levels of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and dynamic team
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
Downer is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where they encourage females and indigenous people to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY button.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.