|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
- High performing & progressive Investment team
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth plans, both locally and internationally
Your new team…
Our investments department values its people and capability above all. Having made the decision to bring investment management capability inhouse means you are surrounded by a cohort of likeminded professionals. We believe the people we work with is critical to ensure we deliver the best outcomes for our members. This means you will join a group of dedicated and talented individuals who will support and motivate you to deliver excellent outcomes. Covering Asset Allocation & Research, Portfolio Construction, Fixed Income & Currency, Capital Markets, Equities, Mid Risk, Investment Capability and International this is an environment that makes you feel trusted and respected.
You will feel enabled to have an interesting career as well as a fulfilling life with workplace flexibility, because at AustralianSuper, every role can flex!
Your new role…
As an Associate Director, Infrastructure within the Mid Risk Group, you will use your broad-based analytical skills and emerging commercial acumen to accurately identify and analyse key investment issues, make recommendations to senior colleagues and develop junior staff. Your growing knowledge of the market will help you in assisting the team identify relevant investment opportunities that complement the existing portfolio.
You will work collaboratively to lead excellent financial modelling outcomes for the portfolio together with junior staff. You will recommend, implement and oversee high quality reporting and research in accordance with regular requirements, pertinent to the strategic priorities of the portfolio.
You will model the values of the fund through informal coaching and mentoring of junior staff. Consistent with our One Portfolio approach, you will proactively collaborate with peers and colleagues within the Mid Risk Group to share investment insights and assess opportunities.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Build and maintain close relationships with relevant investment peers, corporates, managers, advisers and investment banks who can assist in the execution of the Infrastructure Strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues across the Fund to support the management of the Infrastructure Portfolio
- Assist in identifying, sourcing and assessing new infrastructure opportunities
- Provide assistance in investment review, analysis, negotiation and execution of new infrastructure opportunities, along with selective divestment activity - this will include leading high impact workstreams, investment analysis and overall execution
- Monitor, review, conduct performance analysis and reporting on investments held within the Infrastructure Portfolio, including driving investment strategy and outcomes with co-investors and management
- Monitor, review and provide input into the strategic direction of the Infrastructure Portfolio, including focus areas for new investment and potential divestment activity
- Significant experience within in infrastructure transactions and asset management in an investment banking or investment management role
- Significant experience within financial services
- Experience with the acquisition of infrastructure assets
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Ability to accurately identify key investment issues and effectively communicate them within the team
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong quantitative financial modelling skills
- Advanced use of MS Office products especially Excel
What you will get in return…
This role will offer the opportunity to grow your skill set, giving you opportunity to use your current knowledge while learning skills across the broader Mid Risk team. Furthermore, will you have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.