Calibre Group, which includes Calibre and Diona is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist. We provide a broad scope of engineering, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services across Australia and New Zealand.
This is an exciting opportunity and a newly created position that will report directly to our CFO. This role will play a key business partner role by embedding strategic, operational and commercial acumen across our Professional Services business.
Day to day you will;
- Provide broad commercial leadership, driving a high-performing culture and instilling accountability across Finance and Operations to enable the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Lead, empower and develop a team of Business Analysts.
- Deliver insightful, transparent and detailed business partnering with all leadership and operational teams within Professional Services.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting planning process including detailed resourcing analysis, project data, backlog analysis and pipeline projections through to profit and loss and operational cash flow.
- Perform financial analysis to review operational performance and key trends against strategic priorities.
- Provide analytics and influential decision-making recommendations covering the complete project life cycle including advice to operational employees on all commercial matters from pre-proposal to project close.
- Benchmark operational metrics, project deliverables and bidding activity.
- Deliver financial analysis to review market performance and client trends in forward workload.
- Provide commercial input into project bids ensuring commercial risks are managed and returns are maximised, working with the legal and operational teams to achieve a balance of risk/reward for all new work.
- Champion an environment of continuous improvement to ensure sustainable solutions are delivered and align to strategies.
To be successful you will have;
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline
- Must hold a CA or CPA qualification
- 10+ years’ experience in a relevant field of expertise
- Experience in engineering, project delivery or professional services environment.
- Substantial business and commercial acumen.
- Clear and comprehensive understanding of the link between finance/commercial and operations in an engineering or professional services context.
- Proficient in Earned Value Management methodology.
- Ability to recognise trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Leadership experience
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people.
As our most valuable asset, we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development, on the job training, study support, leadership and management programs, competitive remuneration packages, generous employee referral incentives and a host of health and wellbeing benefits to help you thrive in our team.
If you want to join the Calibre team APPLY NOW or if you require further information contact Hayley Urriola on 07 3895 3444 for more information.