|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
As we grow, we’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer join our Labs team. The Labs team is the innovation hub of Iress. This area effectively expands Iress’ existing face-to-face user centred design processes by using technology and Iress’ products. If successful, you will join a cross functional, Agile team in our Sydney office. This is a full stack role where you will bring skills across React, Python and join us on our AWS journey.
What you will be doing
- We believe in building products that “just work”. Through our Labs initiative, we embrace user feedback and whilst constantly experimenting.
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Artifactory etc
- Foster the development of others including teaching and mentoring team members
- Contribute to implementing a DevOps culture including choice of technology and tooling.
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance, web applications with a global user base.
- Help us introduce microservices and containerisation using Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
What you will need
- Experience as Software Engineer in an Agile environment.
- Deep understanding of web standards and architecture.
- Best practice around implementing responsive design (desired)
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Can share ideas and work to identify improvements
- Strong analytical skills
Why work with us
Casual dress, flexible work policy
Access to learning and development programs
3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
Global 36-hour hackathon
Table tennis, pool tables, meditation rooms
Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.