At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
With over 10,000 employees and volunteers working across more than 300 sites, our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, community services and chaplaincy.
About the role
In this 2-year fixed term role, you will join our Practice Excellence team and be responsible for supporting the ongoing evolution of our social support and reablement service offerings.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of a new service model that maximises existing strengths of our service offering and in partnership with the business devises and leads the action plan that will support the delivery of the model.
- Develop and support managers in their adoption of reablement and wellbeing principles that promote positive outcomes for clients.
- Coach, guide and facilitate teams to effect change, challenging existing norms that do not align with reablement and wellbeing principles.
- Lead effective practice, process and system reviews and redesign projects to support the adoption of a reablement and wellbeing approach to embed service delivery.
- Develop and document practice frameworks and models that respond to the relevant evidence base and promote program fidelity through regular evaluation and measurement.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Allied health or related field
- Have a clear vision on changing mindsets / culture to shifting away from ‘doing for’ to ‘doing with’ and a distinction between wellness and reablement
- Sound working knowledge of Home and Community Care and Commonwealth packages
- Substantial experience in developing, leading and delivering evidence-based programs within a diverse organisation
- Demonstrated insight into current challenges and future directions of the health, social or aged care services industries
- You have an impressive understanding of and expertise in practice development
As an organisation, Uniting celebrates our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Chance to deliver significant organisational change
- Work with senior leaders and managers of the organisation
- Join a leading Not For Profit organisation
- Both professional and person development opportunities
For further information about this position, please contact Hayley Ryan, Practice Excellence Lead on 0408 547 295.
A copy of the position description can be found here: Practice Lead - Reablement and Wellbeing