|Job Type:||Full Time|
Network Planner - NSW / VIC
- Fixed term 12 month contract
- Join an innovative team of experts in the field of location planning
- Either Sydney or Melbourne based
The Woolworths Format & Network Development Team are a national team of over 650 people, responsible for developing retail stores of the future. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re network planners, data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers everyday.
We design through creating technology-led, retail store formats that are purpose built for our customers and teams. We innovate by focusing on sustainable energy management, technology, and working with our suppliers, service providers and operations teams to move towards a healthier planet. We maintain all aspects of our supermarkets stores through having highly specialised, skilled team members across all trades. Every decision we make is designed with our customers and teams at the heart.
The Network Planning Team’s core purpose is to bring a little good to everyone, everyday by guiding our business to renew & deliver the right space, in the right place, at the right time.
Working with our regional network planning managers across our brands, you will leverage spatial data & science capabilities to develop customer first store network location strategies, opportunity assessments & action plans that inform our business investment choices and effectively present these back to the business.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Strategy setting and planning for our future store network
- Developing and leveraging insights to assist us in developing and evolving network expansion plans
- Applying GIS & associated spatial data analytics capability to develop action plans and strategies
- Collaborating with all business units e.g. Supermarkets, Metro, Endeavour Drinks and WooliesX to assist embedding network location strategy, opportunity assessments and ways of working.
- Developing & sharing expertise across Woolworths Group, delivering the Network planning assessment framework for priority format, renewal & acquisition projects.
- Identifying and assessing customer focused growth opportunities and providing market opportunity assessment studies (including sales forecasting) to inform investment decisions.
- Forecasting financial / non financial outcomes resulting from network changes and competitor impacts
Who we’re looking for
- You will have proven experience in network planning, with an ability to work in a complex organisation, displaying strong interpersonal, leadership and influencing traits.
- Also beneficial to your success in this role will be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geographic Sciences, Spatial Science, Town Planning, Economics or Property Economics
- Retail location planning experience or similar in a grocery or other big box retail environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience applying spatial data/GIS to solve complex business problems
- An ability to build action plans and location strategy
- Flexibility to travel
- An ability to adapt in an ever evolving environment
- Customer strategy & insight experience an advantage
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible work arrangements to support you to thrive
If this role sounds like your next career move, apply now!
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.