|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in Global Black Belt Technical Specialists for Azure Hybrid Cloud Solutions scenarios based around Modernising Data Centres and Extend Compute to the Edge. Our goal is to help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solutions and services
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Global Black Belt Technical Specialist for Azure Hybrid Cloud Solutions to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning the technical relationship with customers centred on Microsoft Hybrid Cloud Solutions such as Azure, On-premises, and Edge computing.
You will own the Modernize DC and Extend Compute technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall infrastructure estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to assist in the design and implementation of architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernisation roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Azure Stack, Azure Arc, IoT solutions, Container-based services, Networking, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Collaborate with other Global Black Belts in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist for Hybrid Cloud Solution scenarios with customers, partners and external communities
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience. 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
Collaboration and Communication. required
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- 10+ years’ experience selling & deployment of cloud services to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on cloud infrastructure technologies & Network Architecture, Network Design, Virtualization, Application Management, Security are all required
- Hybrid Cloud subject matter expert. Deep technical experience with hybrid solution scenarios along with knowledge of related key technologies such as IoT and AI/ML that apply to customer cloud edge solutions. required
- Azure Stack and Azure Arc Technical Depth. Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to infrastructure modernization, configuration and digital transformation along with the following: Hybrid
- Cloud use cases, Azure Stack IaaS and PaaS capabilities, operations modernisation, DevOps, third party tools, containers, workload migration, and competitive offers. required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. VMWare, Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Certification in Azure infrastructure exams (70-533 or 70-534) preferred
- Certification in two or more of the following technologies required: Azure and/or AWS, plus Linux, Windows, VMware
- Certification in information security preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.