|Location:||Chatswood - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Established in Australia in 1999 and still privately owned, we offer a variety of specialised products such as competitive General, Pet and Bicycle Insurance through our Agencies and Partners.
At Hollard we are agile, continuously growing and gaining market share and we value creating strong partnerships that last – we’re proud winners of the 2019 ANZIIF Large General Insurer of the Year award.
About the role
The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on internal audit engagements. This will include (but not be limited to) assessing the adequacy of the control environment and making recommendations to allow the organisation to achieve its objectives through the promotion of effective internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and executing assigned Internal Audits within the Hollard Group.
- Proposing recommendations to address the root cause of issues and following up implementation of agreed management commitments
- Discussing draft audit findings with stakeholders and obtaining management response commitments
- Preparing audit reports including recommendations
- Maintaining quality and adequate work paper documentation
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit in preparing reports for the Board Audit Committee on a regular basis detailing key audit findings and progress against the Annual Internal Audit plan
- Contributing to the preparation of the Annual Internal Audit Plan
- Minimum 3 years experience in an audit environment, preferably with Financial Services and/or Insurance experience.
- Qualification from professional bodies such as ICAA, IIA or CPA
- Sound understanding of auditing and risk management principles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
Behavioral personal qualities (e.g. Ability to use own initiative)
- Maintain objectivity and independence
- Ability to self manage
- Ability for lateral and strategic thinking (“see the bigger picture”)
- Goal orientated
- Deadline driven
- Logical reasoning
- Trend analysis
- Ability to stay focused when juggling multiple tasks, projects and pressures and still achieve the planned objectives
To submit your application, please apply. We're looking forward to meeting you.
For a confidential discussion about the role and any reasonable physical adjustments and/or flexible workstation requirements please contact email@example.com.
If you would like to hear more on our Diversity and Inclusion practices email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Hollard Insurance that all new employees consent to a police background check.
We are not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.
Hollard is committed to fostering an open, flexible and inclusive work environment that respects the diversity of our employees, customers and communities in which we live. Hollard aims to ensure equality in our recruitment process and we encourage all applicants who meet the criteria to apply regardless of ethnicity (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders), religion or belief, national, social, sex (including intersex), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and non-binary), disability, relationship or parental status.