|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity to join our SGT (Sydney Growth Trains) Project. The government initially ordered 24 Waratah trains. In February 2019 they ordered a further 17. The first of the additional 17 Waratah Series 2 arrived in Australia in July 2020.The new trains will begin rolling onto tracks progressively from later this year, after a period of testing and commissioning. We are looking for a Production Planner to join to join our highly skilled team based at our Cardiff facility. You will work in a small production team to effectively deliver the roll out of the Waratah series 2 trains. This role is heavily administrative with the following key requirements highly regarded.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in production planning (highly regarded)
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience and/or exposure to asset management tools. (MFAIS) experience preferred
- Understanding of rolling stock equipment (highly regarded)
- Data input capability
- Understanding of production procedures including procurement, production work order processes, Quality control and NCR processes
- Able to work within a small team and establish key communication channels to an extended production, quality and management teams
- Able to understand and interpret process and engineering documentation
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on key rolling stock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- Fixed term position
- Competitive remuneration package
- Based at our Cardiff Service Delivery Centre in Newcastle (Free parking on site)
- Immediate start available
Please apply online now to be considered for an ASAP start or email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this role. Please do not send your application directly via email, please apply online.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.