WHAT WE DO
Calibre Group is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist. We provide a broad scope of engineering, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services, allowing Calibre to turn knowledge into value at every stage of the project life cycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role will be responsible for ensuring best practice upkeep, accurate risk assessments and keeping site staff educated and up to date on compliance and safety regulations.
- Ensure training and education with regards to systems, duty of care and hazard awareness
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance to project managers and staff regarding regulations and best practises
- Run site inspections and investigations from end to end, including reporting and analysis of risks
- Preparing work method statements, project plans, and inspection and test plans
- Undertake safety audits including constructive feedback to work groups
- Drive to innovate & improve safety processes on construction site and promote a positive safety culture
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for someone to take ownership with promoting a positive safety culture on site and to improve the safety processes.
- Minimum 4+ years field experience in in an occupational health and safety role in construction and/or Construction Shut works
- Previous experience working a site FIFO position
- Recognised training in OS&H systems, risk assessment and incident investigation.
- Certificate IV in Trainer and Assessor
- Working knowledge of Critical Risk management and Prospect
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with project personnel at all levels
- Strong communication, negotiation and mediation skills
- Working knowledge of basic rigging, dogging, scaffolding, and cranes
- Current working knowledge of construction shut activities verses maintenance shut activities
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Accreditation in Work at Height and Confined Space Work
If you’re looking to join a well-respected organisation that offers a supportive and inclusive culture, a competitive market hourly rate and a strong focus on teamwork – then apply today! For more information on the position, please contact Sym Quaggan on 08 9265 3643.