|Location:||Adelaide, Pernatty, Port Augusta, Roxby Downs, Whyalla|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years
Downer Mining have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Superintendent to join the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena, a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
This role will work a 5:2, 4:3 roster and we offer short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
If you are South Australian based or would consider relocating for a permanent position, we would love to hear from you.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring mobile maintenance activities are performed in a safe, efficient and productive manner, with minimal disruption to operations. You will ensure all activities are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements, Downer policies and procedures, OEM maintenance recommendations and relevant national standards. This role will also include preparation of monthly reports and participation in financial and plant performance meetings.
- Nationally recognised qualifications coupled with extensive experience in supervising underground mobile maintenance operations
- Proven experience managing a large maintenance team preferably in an underground mining environment
- Proven experience working on CAT, Sandvik and Normet equipment
- Sound working knowledge of maintenance system for underground mining equipment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to implement and update maintenance programmes and analyse data
- Demonstrated initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- An overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal and computer literacy skills, AMT experience highly desirable
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive salary & benefits
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
For further information regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button and complete the online application. Resumes will not be accepted via email.
Please submit your application online by following the links. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply