|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Project Scheduler for LAND200-2 (Battle Management Systems). This role is based out of Canberra.
This role will manage and lead the planning, scheduling and monitoring the successful delivery of LC3 projects and products. The tasks will include and not limited to:
- Management of the SPO Project/Product Schedules.
- Integration Development and documentation.
- Report Development.
- Reporting Development and Documentation.
- Master Schedule Maintenance and input into Strategic Direction.
- Provide input to LC3SPO project managers meeting regarding schedule of activities including MRS. PPR and forward planning for the projects/products.
Desirable Qualification/ Skills/ Experience
- Experience in using MS project Professional, MS Project Server and other MS products; Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience in a PMO project scheduling role.
- An experienced project scheduler who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Proven ability in successfully managing priorities and delivering results within time constraints.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.