South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Dendrobium Coal Preparation Plant treats mine coal to produce quality coking and steaming coals which are consumed by both local and export customers.
This position is responsible for operating mobile equipment to ensure continued operation within the plant ;
- Ensuring that product is transported from bins to stockpiles.
- Building and reclaiming stockpiles .
- Liaise with the shift controllers to maintain bin levels.
- Inspection and cleaning of equipment of equipment).
- Support the washery team in cleaning duties including maintaining/improving plant standards and down day preparation
- You will ideally have at least 5 years experience in mobile equipment operator roles.
- Possess a HR licence. Operational experience driving trucks, dozers and loaders.
- You will need to be available to work a 12 hour rotating roster pattern.
This position will be based at our Dendrobium Coal Preparation Plant at Port Kembla near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.