|Job Type:||Full Time|
Being the largest multidisciplinary engineering / environmental science / planning consulting firm in the Illawarra and South coast region, our established team offer services to private developers, local council and state government.
Cardno is currently seeking a qualified and experienced environmental scientist or engineer to join our growing environmental services team. You will be required to undertake a range of environmental impact assessment and management projects within a high performing team. This will involve a range of site investigations, preparing reports, approvals and compliance review documentation, and management plans in a timely manner.
Your professional approach and enthusiasm will be key to your future success and we are keen to look at applicants with a background in either EIA, Environmental Management, Ecology or Sustainability specialisms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined and progressive global organisation with a great team culture and access to industry leading specialists and mentors. This role can be based from our offices in Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra and with our new "Work your way" policy we offer the flexibility to balance your career and family life
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Work on a range of large scale infrastructure, transport, urban, industrial, resources, energy and waste projects
- Develop technically robust, practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Work and collaborate across a multi discipline team of technical specialists
- Preparation of site investigations and environmental impact assessments, construction/operational/rehabilitation management planning, approvals and compliance reporting documentation
- Deliver projects with a focus on exceeding client requirements and providing technical excellence
- Preparation of stakeholder and community engagement strategies and deliver consultation activities
- Build positive and effective long term relationships with external clients and stakeholders
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Ecology or Sustainability
- Previous consulting industry experience undertaking a range of projects
- Advanced skills in report writing with strong verbal and written communication
- Collaborative and solution orientated
- Use of initiative to solve problems and assist your colleagues and clients to provide high quality advice and deliverables
- Commitment to building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Commitment to self-development to advance skills and career opportunities
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.