|Job Type:||Full Time|
Paid and Owned Channel Planner
- Develop holistic channel plans for campaigns and programmes across bought and owned media
- Work as part of a close-knit and collaborative team
- Based between Surry Hills and Bella Vista
Woolworths Group is in an exciting phase of growth and as part of that, our Marketing team has undergone a significant transformation to become the Brand & Reputation team, which has led to the creation of a number of new positions.
Working collaboratively with campaign and channel owners, the Channel Planner will be responsible for developing holistic and effective channel plans for campaigns and programmes across bought and owned media for Woolworths Group.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The creation of clearly defined channel plans for campaigns and programmes across paid and owned media
- Ongoing assessment of channel outcomes and performance in order to drive continual improvement
- Management and feedback to all necessary stakeholders in order to reach the right outputs
- Accountability for paid media budgets and understanding of owned media value
We are looking for someone with proven experience in media, with deep understanding of the media landscape and channel planning principles. Excellent communication skills are key, with the ability to work cross functionally within Woolworths Group and with external agency partners, representing the team and its expertise effectively. In addition:
- Experience as Channel Planner, Media Planner, Media Trader or Media Buyer (or similar)
- Stakeholder management - guiding outcomes through a variety of meetings/wips/presentations
- Financial acumen - for the effective management of media budgets and an understanding of the finance process - billing, reconciling and forecasting
- Understanding of the business and Brand & Reputation strategies, goals and KPIs
- Understanding of sales performance, channel performance and brand performance
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.