|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to strong demand for our services we are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing geotechnical team and be a key part in the delivery of projects to our clients.
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest independent employee-owned companies in the world. It is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
With a solid base of technical knowledge and experience in geotechnical projects, we seek a person who is technically focussed but able to be client minded with great all-round skills in presentation and communication.
As part of the wider Geotechnical team you will be mentored and supported by senior team members, and generally work with other teams in Auckland and in other ANZ offices providing internal support services related to tunnelling, foundations, retaining structures and slopes on civil infrastructure projects. Where required you will prepare specifications and reports and carry out site inspections as well as attend client meetings and manage the client interface on progressively larger and more complex projects.
In this varied role, your day to day activities will include:
* Work with internal and external clients as a member of the geotechnical team.
* Assist in scoping geotechnical aspects of projects.
* Supervision of drafting personnel
* Site inspections and reporting.
* Field monitoring and data assessment.
* Advise our internal professionals in our roads, tunnel, aviation, water and structural engineering groups
* Assist as a team member on geotechnical related projects.
* Apply your understanding of construction methods.
* Preparation of reports and specifications.
You will be a degree qualified Civil Engineer or Geotechnical Engineer. This role suits someone with several years experience, who is looking to develop alongside a team of high performing geotechnical professionals.
In addition to the above, you will have:
* Experience in ground characterisation.
* Experience in seismic assessments and design
* Experience in geotechnical design.
* Experience in project management.
* Appreciation of engineering risk.
* Developing an understanding of commercial risk.
* Preparedness to innovate and think outside the square.
* Willingness to contribute to any reasonable request.
* Ongoing development of professional skills.
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our local and international experts and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There's no time like the present to make a change.