Last updated 26 minutes ago
Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role:
The Contract Manager has commercial accountability for the contract, including but not limited to Contract Management and Contract Administration.
- Lead development of Target Cost Estimates (TCE)
- Monitor the performance of the contract and where necessary escalate issues and/or take corrective action
- Establish and maintain relevant contract specific insurances and performance guarantees
- Manage the insurances and warranty claims
- Provide advice to the program team in relation to contract rights and obligations
- Provide advice to the program team in relation to intellectual Property (IP)
- Develop and maintain the contract risk register
- Compile, submit and negotiate Contract Change Proposals (CCP’s)
- Report on status of Head Contract Deliverables, Milestones, CCP ‘s and Survey and Quote (S&Q)
- Lead the Head Contract reporting
- Lead all S&Q estimate approval
- Tertiary qualifications in a related commercial field or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Management, Contract Management and Contract Administration roles
- Experience of Government contracts; and
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience in Alliance and Joint Ventures;
- Prior experience in Defence sector; and
- Experience in SAP
Essential Compliance Requirements
- Must have or have the ability to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance;
- MUST be an Australian Citizen