|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Software Engineer to join our friendly team.
What will you do?
You will work alongside talented developers in a supportive and fun environment creating and supporting legendary games and the technology behind them. This is a good opportunity for a C++ Developer who is interested in a career in the games development industry.
What are we looking for?
- Technical competence in your language of choice (ideally C++)
- Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- A proactive approach towards asking for assistance and calling out problems, at both a technical and team level
- An interest in server-side architectures and back-end stack development
- Keen interest in game development
- Curiosity in the world around you and a desire to continue learning
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, sockets and network programming
- MMO engine or production game development experience
- Linux / Unix server environment experience
- Great understanding of algorithms and techniques used in 3D games
- Experience in OpenGL or DirectX
- Experience in Python
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate, caring, empathic and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!