|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're looking for a Team Lead/Software Engineer to join our fun, inclusive, talented and multinational team that helps Wargaming studios deliver great online gaming experiences to millions of players. Your primary responsibility will include your team, who will be focused on a machine learning research project within the video game space. You'll be combining your technical experience and an intrinsic desire for problem solving, with your passion of video games to explore a new frontier within the realm of video games with our academic research partners, to turn the research into a user facing product.
Director of Engineering
What are we looking for?
- Team leadership experience in an Agile environment.
- You have a demonstrable background in Software Engineering with commercial experience in Python and C++.
- You have a background that can show a track record of writing high performing, stable and easy to maintain code
- You have commercial experience in a machine learning/data science project
- You have a passion for video games
- Problem-solving skills. You face problems head-on and find ways to overcome them, ideally before they even become real problems
- You embody teamwork, seeking to help your team members achieve results as part of your everyday work.
- You are an effective communicator that can discuss the minutiae of your technical work, as well as simplify concepts to communicate with empathy and respect.
- Curiosity in the world around you. You value continuously developing your skills and knowledge, and inspire others around you to do the same
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in the video games industry
- Research experience within the machine learning / data science space (Masters / PhD / commercial)
- You have a previous role as a data engineer
- You are an excitable and curious person who is keen to grow yourself and others.
- You can coherently teach others about CNN / RNN / Logistic Regression / Classification vs Clustering, amongst other things
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the best in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!