|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Functional Area: Networks
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is now growing! As a result, we are now looking for a highly experienced Senior Network Engineer that will be responsible for planning and execution of 5G NR and LTE- related product, solution and/or features testing. You will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process and ensure to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
You will collaborate with the Project Manager and/or Technical Lead and develop technical presentations and proposals and perform customer presentations.
In this role, you would:
- Analyze customer network and propose 4G/5G technical solutions
- Plan and build test plans for 5G/LTE related product, solution and/or features
- Perform regression, CPE testing in lab and include testing in a live production site
- Perform drive test to validate feature and performance
- Fix 5G/LTE technical problems and help identify and drive improvements
- Work closely with R&D to help close out technical issues in a timely manner
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or related field
- Demonstrated ability in telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment for minimum of 12 years
- Excellent knowledge of 5G/LTE landscape, strategies and technology roadmaps
- Adept experience in working in labs for testing new 5G and or LTE feature and product testing such as basebands and radio units
- Proficient experience with drive test tools like TEMs (or equivalent) and in developing TOLs and test cases
- Excellent 5G/ LTE troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and has a strong understanding of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and L3 messaging
- Proven experience in establishing relationship and influencing key customers and partners, and have interworking knowledge between Huawei/Nokia/Ericsson
- Ericsson product and solutions knowledge, programming and scripting skills are also advantageous
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.