The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
EY’s financial services practice is seeking the senior managers and directors of tomorrow. If you’re a high energy professional wanting to be part of something bigger, seeking to accelerate your career and learn first-hand from some of the industry’s most seasoned practitioners - we’d appreciate a confidential conversation with you.
We wish to attract, invest in and reward self-starters who’ll drive their own career while sharing the journey with others. These roles are offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Our specialist practice is a trusted board and management adviser to Australia’s largest organisations. For over 15 years our dedicated team has been providing strategic and regulatory solutions on the most significant and sensitive matters in the Australian market. We’ve served as an Independent Expert on a range of ‘front page’ matters and overseen the repayment of over $1 billion dollars in compensation to wronged customers.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll play a pivotal role in our conduct and controls team. You’ll have the day-to-day support of our partners and directors as well as being instrumental to our in-field operations. We’ll give you the platform to professionally flourish as you:
- Lead and develop our committed, capable and fun team
- Build trusted relationships with senior financial services executive, their regulators and advisers
- Refine your sense of inquiry on some of the market’s most complex and high-profile matters
- Perfect your communication skills when distilling complex investigations and remediations for an executive audience
- Take a sense of pride that your work is playing a key role in keeping our communities safe and ensuring that misconduct is prevented
- Embrace the value of a diverse workplace and our collective capability that we believe sets us apart
- Appreciate the importance of discretion in protecting the market sensitive information you’ll be privy to
- University bachelor’s degree
- 7 years financial services or professional services experiences
- Experience managing talented professionals
- A methodical problem solver with a pragmatic outlook and demonstrable commercial acumen
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A sense of enquiry and professional scepticism
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong emotional intelligence
Please note at this time we can only take applications from people who have working rights in Australia due to the COVID-19 pandemic.