Last updated 14 minutes ago
Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012,as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
Every day, we're all part of something bigger Whatever the challenge, it's a chance to connect clients with our people, process and technical excellence.
Are you looking to deliver diverse and exciting projects and shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform our industries. Leading a multi discipline team the Project Director is responsible for delivery of all support services, asset management, operational support and engineering support.
This position requires a senior leader with a successful track record in achieving and exceeding safety, risk, quality, continuous improvement, and profitability objectives in an asset management, engineering and maintenance operational delivery environment.
About the role
- The Project Director is the main client interface and is accountable for delivery in accordance with the requirements of the contract
- You will be accountable for developing and improving project management capability within the team, building and aligning the Project/Engineering team interface to deliver best value to the client through efficient and risk appropriate project processes and delivery strategies.
- Develop customer, partner, supplier and all other required relationships, including processes and protocols that enables all parties to focus on delivering Best- For- Program outcomes
- Manage the full project life cycle using best-practice methodology and ensure works are executed accurately, on budget and in a timely, professional manner
- Deliver our promise to the customer
- Drive proactive engagements and interventions
- Foster a culture of inclusion, responsiveness, honesty and accountability
- A minimum of 15 year’s experience in Engineering, Naval Architecture, Project Management or another relevant area is desirable
- Extensive experience in a field relevant to the sustainment of Naval Assets is desirable
- Strong leadership experience managing large multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to develop and support business plans to deliver growth outcomes aligned to business objectives
- Proven background in building and leading operations and projects in a multi-discipline self-perform environment
- Ability to build a high performing team and a continuous improvement culture
- Sound business and commercial acumen
- Excellent relationship building, problem solving and negotiation skills
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including; incentive opportunity, health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance and flexible work arrangements - have a chat to us around how this can work for you.
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
Unite with the very best,