The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant or Manager within the Transaction Diligence team in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
As part of our Transaction Diligence team you will work with many of the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our industry-aligned transaction diligence professionals add true value to clients, providing insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value, and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
- Manage and participate in due diligence engagements related to the acquisition or disposal of businesses by private equity investors or strategic corporate buyers
- Analyse financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
- Project manage information flows and manage key stakeholders
- Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information
- Identify issues that impact purchase price and deal structuring
- Based on your analysis write up your findings and recommendations
- Identify business development opportunities and assist Partners and Directors on proposals and new business opportunities by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, building client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of client business
- Experience in a Transaction Diligence role within a Consulting environment, working independently and with senior stakeholders on multiple engagements
- A bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, business, finance or economics
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, or international equivalent
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas in a collaborative team environment