|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operations to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working on maintenance contracts across the lower South Island. We are currently growing our capability in larger water and drainage construction works and have several opportunities available for experienced Forepersons to join our team.
A bit about your role:
In this newly established role, you will be responsible for assisting and directing our construction crews, and some of your key focuses would include:
- Undertaking programmed inspections, carrying out routine and emergency maintenance for the safety of the public
- Providing effective solutions to your team and customers, managing workload allocation and planning forward work.
- Installing and repairing new and existing drainage systems
- Ensuring a positive Zero Harm culture is continually developed and enhanced
- Fostering a ‘hands on’ approach to provide ongoing training and development to staff
A bit about you:
You will have previous experience with the Water and Civil Industry and will bring with you:
- Experience with drainage infrastructure in both maintenance and construction areas
- A National Certificate in Water or Wastewater Reticulation (Level 3), Basic Civils (Level 2) or prepared to study towards these qualifications
- Experience in maintaining water/wastewater reticulation systems and or undertaking construction-related activities
- A full driver's licence and class 2 HT licence
- Excellent communication skills & be able to work well within a team
- A focus on health, safety, and environment
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 572818 to apply.
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.