|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity to join a reputable company with a supportive culture
- Competitive salary & great employee benefits
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract based in Orange
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Due to the organization experiencing rapid growth, a fantastic opportunity has become available for a Site Manager to join our Substations & Communications team working on exciting new Infrastructure Delivery projects.
As the Site Manager you will monitor contractor performance and facilitate the site management of construction works for substation projects. Your proven experience will see you ensure project delivery in compliance with associated contract specifications, TransGrid polices & procedures to meet all stakeholder expectations.
In addition, the position is responsible for ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with associated Environmental Management Plans and all organisational and legislative WHS requirements.
If you have solid experience with delivering high voltage electrical projects from start to finish, then apply today!
As the Site Manager you will be responsible for:
- Site management of construction works for substation projects
- Understanding of the functions and operations of construction sites to enable instruction of staff and organization of work
- Co-ordination of multiple related activities associated substation construction and operation
- Inspection of construction works to ensure compliance with specifications and drawings
- Development of specifications for works required and participation in the tender and evaluation process
- Having detailed working knowledge of contracts
- Ensuring that testing and commissioning is performed in accordance with ITP’s and Commissioning Check Sheets
- Carrying out switching and issuing Access Authorities as required to provide continuity of work for staff on site
- Performing field earthing and Issue/hold Field Access Authorities as required
- Working and operating in a manner which supports the Health and Safety outcomes of our people and our business, ensuring all work is carried out in compliance with relevant legislation, TransGrid policies and procedures and local Safety and Environmental Plans
- Providing technical advice and support as required during the currency of contracts and projects
- Being prepared to work away from your nominated headquarters for periods of time
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will have:
- An Electrical Trades Course or equivalent
- Solid knowledge and experience in the installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance procedures associated with HV Substations, Transmission Lines and control equipment
- Familiarity with SAA Wiring Rules and other relevant Australian Standards
- In depth knowledge of complex substation/transmission line equipment/systems e.g. tap changers, battery chargers, voltage regulation systems, footings, fences, towers, poles, etc within area of trade experience
- Expertise in interpreting technical drawings
- Advanced diagnostic testing of HV equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, regulation, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of corporate IT systems
- Effective interpersonal skills (including written and oral communication)
- A current NSW driver’s licence
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close on Thursday, 4 March 2021
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.