South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal (IMC) is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the Training Lead, this role is responsible for reviewing and updating IMC’s technical training material utilised across IMC Operations. This will include liaising with subject matter experts to enable streamlined assessment tools and processes for the various pathways adopted at IMC and supported by training reference manuals. This is a 2-year fixed term position.
This position will be based at our Wollongong office, located at the University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus. In the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney, with occasional travel to our mine sites across the Illawarra.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (Mandatory)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground coal mining
- Exposure to RTO, AQF, ASQA and VET and experience developing/mapping training material (desired)
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate risk management processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present information in an engaging and effective manner, across all levels of the organisation
- Superior communication, coordination and negotiation skills
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Competitive salaries and bonus structures
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.