|Job Type:||Full Time|
At IBM, Technical Solution Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impact. You’ll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement gathering through implementation. You’ll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting a Solution Architect for a full time role, based in Perth.
As Solution Architect you will be the technical leader and subject matter expert engaged in the solutioning and delivery of systems integration and cloud-related projects. Working in partnership with the wider project team, you will be responsible for the solution architecture/design for systems integration and cloud-related solutions for your clients. You will also be responsible for the direction of technical resources on the project to implement solutions.
You will analyse IT requirements for customer’s projects and design appropriate architecture so that the solutions are implemented in accordance with the client’s requirements and IBM or client standards. You will optimise solutions to meet project constraints taking into account client budget, skills availability, and complexity of the project/solution. You will build trusted relationships with key client stakeholders.
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
- 5+ years experience with systems integration, COTS packages, application development and/or cloud-related solutions.
- Experience as solution architect on at least 2 systems integration projects that include integration, security and information architecture
- Experience in guiding project technical resources to design and implement systems integration and cloud-related solutions/migrations.
- Experience with contemporary engagement methods, including Proof of Concepts, Agile and DevOps
- Ability to position cloud technology against solution requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with globally dispersed teams.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, yet producing tangible results.
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure.
- Estimating from requirements and/or solution architectures
- Batchelor Degree or equivalent in computing or related field
- TOGAF or equivalent architecture certification.
- Cloud certification.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as: Shell, Java, C, Ruby, Python.
- Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards.
- Working with other System Integrators and/or COTS Application vendors
- Energy and Utilities Industry Experience
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.