|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career that makes a real difference.
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia?
If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape.
We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
A bit about your role
Our customer strategy requires nbn to build an integrated Architecture, leveraging our network and IT capabilities. This will enable the removal of complexity and the delivery of converged and innovative solutions as well as allowing easy collaboration with third parties.
Our capabilities are organized into Value Streams; a Value Stream being a collection of technologies that deliver services to one or more NBN Co business units. This position will report to the Systems Engineering and Operation’s (SEO) Security Portfolio Manager.
The Release Deployment function’s objective is to manage the efficient delivery of integrated functional enhancements through the various IT delivery mechanisms. It will have a focus on the overall cost of delivering change, the speed to value of change and quality of what is delivered to the production environment.
As the Release Deployment Lead (Security), you are responsible for:
- Release Packaging – Responsible across SEO to determine all inter and intra release deployment dependencies and ensure appropriate management of these dependencies for deployment planning.
- Release Deployment Solution Integrity. Assist the Projects in designing, developing and integrating quality change for each deployment delivered by CIO
- Managing deployments across IT and Network Engineering in both testing and production environments
- Co-ordination via Phone with Offshore teams during non-Business hours & weekends.
- Deployment planning and execution. Create and maintain a master implementation plan for the deployment windows of each integrated release for the Security Value Stream, including a back out strategy. Ensure all application implementation plans are produced and aligned for dependencies and adhere to the master plan.
- Develop CRQs in ServiceNow and Remedy and ensuring all the required fields are completed
- Release Deployment Performance, Tracking, Oversight, Risk and Issue Management. For all deployments delivered by Security, track the progress of each application impacted by a given release to ensure they will be ready for all deployment activities identified on the plan.
- Collaboration with multiple teams of SEO & Active Networks, stakeholders, project delivery team, Operations and Change Management
- Release Deployment Readiness and Communications plan. Ensure each deployment has a deployment & communications plan.
- Facilitate the walkthrough, review and approval of implementation plans
- Engage the required resources for deployments
- Manage deployment planning activities such as operational handover, run sheet/guide walkthroughs, Go/No-Go meetings, regular deployment checkpoints and communication activities
- Work with delivery team to produce CAB packs, review & present at the Change Approval Board (CAB).
- Initiate, progress and close the changes in ServiceNow and Remedy (For AN).
- Provide relevant comms for all the stages of a change to stakeholders.
- Closely working with NBN Monthly Release Team & DC team for weekly/monthly patching activities.
- Understanding & accessing impact & risk of major changes delivery partners.
- Conduct post-deployment reviews, and document and implement continuous improvements
- Perform Service Transition - Security approval, IT Capacity Review, Monitoring, ITCC, Cloud Governance, IT Central Handover, CHI Ops support, Test Reporting and Defect Management (Ops Handover) for all IT changes
- Knowledge and understanding of embargoes and lead times for changes
- Execute the dress rehearsals and production deployment, performing a central control function.
- Lead Release Deployment utilizing the master implementation plan. Addressing critical issues as they arise to ensure deployments complete within the agreed schedule.
This position will also provide leadership for NBN Co maximizing their effectiveness and supporting the delivery of their strategies and strategic business outcomes through efficient and effective delivery of Information Systems through the SEO function.
A bit about you
The Security Release Deployment Lead will be experienced in systems engineering across the scope of typical Security Functions with a broad range of experience in IT and Network, across a range of disciplines covering project and change management.
You will have proven thought leadership and delivery record in complex IT (Security) and Network implementations, experience of senior client relationship management and a proven track record of advising in complex business issues and generating successful business solutions.
Life at nbn
Please note that this role will be a Permanent opportunity.
We make it easier for people from any career background to thrive. You’ll benefit from formal learning programs to support ongoing development in professional and business capabilities. There are also a number of informal, on the job learning opportunities to help further your development.
The nbn™ broadband access network is delivering the technology that will shape Australia’s future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia’s history, working at nbn is a once in a lifetime career opportunity, where no two days are the same.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.