|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Assurance Executive Escalations and Incident Management (CA EEIM)
The Business Entity
The Customer Assurance Executive Escalations and Incident Management (CA EEIM) team provides customer and partner critical issue management on behalf of our top executives by routing, resolving, and assisting in the restoration of customer satisfaction, enabling the delivery of standardized resolutions to high-volume customer and partner concerns. The team also provides real-time incident management support for catastrophic outages in collaboration with TAC Duty Managers and, if required, the Customer Assurance (Critical Accounts) Program. The team holds accountability to work with other cross-functional teams to achieve these results.
CA EEIM is responsible for successfully leading customer issues on behalf of Cisco’s most senior executives. The CA EEIM team member will receive critical issues directly from executives (up to CEO), their Executive Administrators, or the Vice President of Customer Assurance (CA) and will manage issues through to resolution, engaging other Cisco teams as needed. The team member must represent our executives verbally and through written word and will, at times, interact directly with customers and other senior executives.
In addition to managing executive escalations, the CAEE TM will support other Customer Assurance activities and initiatives related to escalation management and executive messaging. Project management tasks will be assigned, with ability to lead virtual teams, develop action plans, hold others accountable, and deliver status updates. Team members must possess an ability to assess the criticality of situations and determine the optimal path to resolution. Knowledge of standard Cisco escalation procedures and various organizational responsibilities is required.
In addition, the team prepares executives with Customer Assurance escalation insight in advance of customer and partner visits and events and assists in developing appropriate executive messaging to improve the customer experience. The team also drives improvements in the overall escalation capabilities within Cisco through managing the Escalation Leadership Community and ensuring its on-going initiatives.
Flexibility is a key quality in Customer Assurance employees who are frequently called upon to quickly adjust to changing business needs and priorities even if this requires a fundamental temporary or permanent shift in responsibilities. Customer Assurance mobilizes the company to respond to situations that put our customers at risk and enables Cisco to pursue high-stakes opportunities. Our culture demands we always do what is best for the customer and for Cisco. Our values are a committed customer mindset, proven leadership, and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Additional Role & Responsibilities
- May be required to work non-standard business hours to ensure timely resolution of incidents. Will be provided with appropriate tools and devices to facilitate remote work
- Required participate in weekly rotation as team’s on-call first responder to catastrophic outages and executive escalations.
- Successfully handle partner concerns and incidents on behalf of our customers and executives by identifying the appropriate action plan and engaging Cisco or partner resources to execute; aim for customer satisfaction
- Maintain status of all active cases utilizing appropriate tools
- Use knowledge of the community and standard processes to create an agenda, identify appropriate speakers and participants, and utilize basic project management skills to support community and Summit or other initiatives as required
- Use relationships across the communities of Cisco Customer Experience and Engineering to ensure appropriate critical issues' coverage during Cisco’s end-of-year shutdown
- When warranted, work with input from other CA teams, identify customer experience insights and data appropriate for executive audiences to drive actionable business improvements
- Ability to represent Cisco's executives through excellent communications (written and verbal)
- Evaluate critical situations and drive appropriate resources and behaviors to resolve incidents
- Ability to perform situational risk assessment and mitigation
- Superb communication skills demonstrating understanding of different audience care-about (proficient in English language)
- Strong leadership skills, lead virtual teams and supervise without authority
- Ability to consolidate data from various sources and develop coherent executive messaging
- Project management skills to assist with organizing and leading the Escalation Leadership Community Summit event and follow-on activities
- Must demonstrate a solid sense of ownership, impartiality, and integrity
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- BS in business, technology/engineering or communications, or related experience
- Must possess sound business and analytical skills
- Experience with or be able to quickly learn Cisco escalation processes
- Experience with various Cisco organizations and roles which typically interact with and support customers
- Previous customer-facing experience desired
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are forming teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your progressive ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a lively and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.