|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
The Business Process Modelling and Manager works as an above the line contractor to the Department of Defence. A number of clients have engaged DDS to implement a Business Management System (BMS) for their Group or Service.
The Business Process Modelling Manager is a business process expert, with developed business acumen. This Defence role focuses on defining and delivering simplified cross functional business processes and identifying improvement opportunities. Ensures business continuity by educating staff members on best practice and business as usual processes through a range of methods.
This role serves as the liaison to Defence clients where those business processes and policies are applied and to the Business Process Management and Engineering (BPME) CoE, within the Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG) to ensure currency, compliance and integration through the wider Department.
- Lead the Holocentric resources within Downer Defence Systems.
- Actively pursue Holocentric growth opportunities within the Defence domain.
- Capture and map current state processes in Holocentric Modeller or similar modelling environment in line with best practice and mandated standards.
- Model the interdependencies between people, process, information and technology in a simplified and compelling manner.
- Present deliverables and demonstrate value for money to the client.
- Deliver high quality outcomes which vary widely in discipline, complexity and significance.
- Maintain currency, and accuracy of DDS clients BMS ensuring regulatory compliance with records management and information security requirements.
- Plan and facilitate Process Modelling workshops to capture current or future state processes.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide solutions to the client.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business to increase awareness, knowledge and acceptance of the BMS.
- Support the mentoring and development of DDS clients and Business Process Modellers across the business in the application of modelling standards and practices.
- Deliver training courses to clients and staff in the use of the BMS.
- Identifying opportunities for the team to improve their service offering.
- Reporting and other program and project responsibilities as required.
The Business Process Modelling Manager is responsible for undertaking these activities with limited guidance as well as providing expert advice to clients that may be periodically tasked with assisting in the primary outputs of this role.
Technical Capabilities and Experience
- Advanced analytical skills and experience with business process modelling, and scripting with specialist modelling tools such as Holocentric Modeller and Modelpedia.
- Apply BPM methodologies and approaches to an established process architecture in way that directly addressed the clients problem statement.
- Advanced information design and UX experience.
- Demonstrated communication and report writing skills including the ability to liaise, negotiate, and establish rapport with stakeholders within a Government setting.
- Ability to be creative and innovative when developing or reconfiguring the user interface and navigation pathways.
- Experience writing policies, procedures and management statements.
- Strong understanding of the inner workings of the Department of Defence.
- Able to lead small teams across multiple domains / engagements, providing positive outcomes to the Client.
- A proven track record of positively impacting organisational integration, cultural change and workforce engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and guiding others.
- Manage own performance and model positive behaviours in line with DDS values.
- Fostering strong working relationships in order to earn trust, cooperation and support in the provision of information, inputs, reports and documents.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders including senior management across the APS and ADF, including strong negotiating and influencing capability.
- Desirable: Administrator level certifications in Holocentric Modeller Content Author 1 and 2.
- Essential: Business Process Improvement Skills such as Lean 6 Sigma.
- An experienced Business Process Modelling Manager who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.