|Job Type:||Full Time|
Pricing Analyst - WooliesX
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for managing the analysis and pricing of our range of products that helps us to achieve sales and profitability targets. Working closely with teams across the broader Woolworths group including Sales, Sourcing & Merchandising & Analytics, you will play a part in how we price our products in order to grow our customer base, based on customer needs and competitor pricing, and contribute to how we manage profitability.
Woolworths Business is a newly created business at WooliesX, part of the Woolworths Group. As a strategic objective, we have a goal of growing our B2B revenue and customer offering significantly by 2024, focused on supplying everyday products to businesses across Australia. This role is key to shaping the strategic direction and executing our customer value proposition.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Pricing Manager, you will work on customer bids and tenders, owning the pricing proposals being submitted, whilst maintaining competitor pricing lists that are provided by our third party vendor.
Additional accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Sourcing Team to ensure range and product matches are up to date
- Monitor our competitor price index, advise the team of any major pricing discrepancies preventing us from remaining competitive, and provide pricing recommendations
- Work with the Sales team to analyse customer baskets, so that where we can we provide a suggested Woolworths list of items with current pricing, based on a potential customer’s supply needs
- Upload article cost and sell data into SAP, and update on a cyclical basis based on pricing reviews and supplier negotiations
- Create tools and reports that help to monitor pricing at a product and customer level
- Understand all systems used for managing B2B pricing and provide input on platform enhancements where required
- Provide input to the sourcing team where price and product range gaps have been identified
This role will have an indirect relationship with our managed customers, who may want to negotiate the commercial terms of any supply agreements we are entering into, and therefore your previous stakeholder management experience, and strong communication skills will be critical to your success in this role.
Additionally, your demonstrated ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with peers & senior management will be essential to this role.
Additional capabilities will include:
- Demonstrated experience in a Commercial or Analytics role, preferably with exposure to large retail or wholesale businesses
- Qualifications preferably in business, commerce or a related field
- Previous stakeholder management experience, with strong communication skills
- Experience using SQL and Excel for analysing large data sets
- Experience using Tableau for creating reporting tools
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Proven problem solving skills
- Adaptable, collaborative, high attention to detail, improvement oriented
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and changing deadlines
- A self-starter who is able to work with ambiguity and finding creative ways of doing things.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to connect? Connect with me on LinkedIn Poli Krasnova. We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.