|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Contribute your systems/electrical engineering experience in this newly created role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Integration Support Engineer in our team at Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created role, as the Integration Support Engineer you will be primarily responsible to the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) for supporting the integration of the following sub-systems:
- The new 20kW HF High Power Amplifier (HPA).
- The Cryogenic Sapphire Oscillator (CSO) into the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) System.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Maintain technical specifications and interface control documentation.
- Support the integration of the HPA and CSO into the JORN System.
- Liaise and develop strong relationships with subcontractors.
- Support the development of test activities and acceptance documentation.
- Support the development of control interfaces against JORN Phase 6 requirements.
- Support integration of a Control and Monitoring Interface between the legacy JORN System and the HPA.
- Perform other hardware and software engineering tasks as required.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Some understanding of HF and microwave RF engineering, and radar systems.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering processes.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Radar related experience is desirable.
Note: We would welcome applications from candidates with varying levels of experience.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise "@baesystems.com" as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.