|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a new role within Data Platform & Management within Group IT bringing together all DPM architects into a solution focussed community while partnering with Enterprise Architecture to ensure consistency and alignment across the technology landscape. In a rapidly evolving business context and technical landscape, the Director DPM Architecture will act as the focal point for Optus with regards to maintaining DPMs Domain Architecture and associated Roadmap to achieve the planned Target state. This includes all DPM platforms and technologies – Big Data platform, Data Warehouses, BI, Reporting & Visualisation tools, self-service and advanced analytics tools, data management solutions, enterprise decisioning and data applications.
- Leads Optus Architecture and Engineering teams to leverage DPM standards for data architecture, data management and security.
- Work with Optus Exec stakeholders in Business and IT to capture short term (AOP) and long- term strategic needs, related project portfolios and roadmaps.
- Work with Group Data Architecture on Data Strategy and co-creating Architecture standards – providing Optus requirements; aligning common strategy for the Group
- Own the definition of and maintain the Data Platform technology strategy, Reference Architecture, Roadmap and Target state for Optus Data & Analytics platforms – aligned to GCDO, Group strategy and roadmap
- Mobilise Architecture resources for business consults, Impact Assessments, providing internal expert consulting on DPM technologies and strategy. Design High Level Solution Architectures, Costings and Timelines. Contribute in Delivery planning, technical & solution risk managements.
- Lead the DPM Architecture and Design groups across all DPM Chapters to review and sign-off relevant solution architecture artefacts for Projects and ARB (Architecture Review Board)
- Represent Optus DPM Architecture in the ARB and Architecture Expert Group. Act as focal point for DPM Architecture management and Architecture repository (MEGA).
- Maintain relationship with relevant technology and delivery partners at the country level.
- Keep abreast of relevant innovations in Data & Analytics domains - run relevant POCs and Prototypes for Optus – align and shares with Group data office
Experience and Qualifications
- Expert knowledge in data & analytics platform technologies gained across multiple industries
- At least 15 years of experience in the area of big data, data warehouse, BI & reporting and / or data management, including at least 8 years of experience in managing BI or big data development and operations team
- Bachelor degree in maths, statistics, computer science, information management, finance or economics
- Executive level experience in leading large scale data and technology transformation
- Demonstrable experience in the architecture and delivery of enterprise scale cloud-based data platforms
- Experience in designing and delivering commercial data products
- Experience in managing and driving outsourced vendors to delivery and operations objectives
- Hands-on experience in handling incident, problem, configuration, capacity and availability management
- Successfully implemented large-scale data warehouse / data lake
- Expert in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines
- Experience in data management, data architecture and design
- Strong technical knowledge of data integrations, ETL and data warehouse data modelling
- Strong knowledge of BI reporting tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of Telco data models
- Experience to do cost estimation and working with external vendors
- Experience with DevOps tools and environment
- Experience in building an enterprise level data analytics capability.
- Experience in leading complex, major change initiatives; skills in change management
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong background in operational and capital finances, and IT budget development