|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: <span style="font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">Associate Director Data & Analytics Platforms (DPM) Architecture
<span style="font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">Location: Macquarie Park
The role of AD Data & Analytics Platforms (DPM) Architecture is meant to drive the overall Architecture plan for Data & Analytics platforms at Optus, in alignment to the Business data strategy and Group data standards. That requires engagement with senior business Executives, responsible for the delivery of data Driven Business strategies (Creating Unique Customer Connections and Digital Everywhere) and aligning the work across Architecture & Engineering chapters in DPM and other IT chapters/teams.
In a rapidly evolving business context and technical landscape, the AD DPM Architecture will act as the focal point for Optus with regards to maintaining DPMs Reference Architecture and associated Roadmap to achieve the planned Target state. This includes all DPM platforms and technologies – Big Data platform, Data Warehouses, BI, Reporting & Vizualisation tools, self-service and advanced analytics tools, data management solutions, besides customer decisioning and personalisation applications.
Operating in a matrix organisation, this role collaborates with business stakeholders, IT peers, Group Data Office and Vendors, in order to deliver these critical Architectural outcomes.
- Guides Optus Architecture and Engineering teams to follow all DPM standards for data architecture, data management and security.
- Work with Optus Exec stakeholders in Business and IT to capture short term (AOP) and long term strategic needs, related project portfolios and roadmaps.
- Work with Group Data Architecture on Data Strategy and co-creating Architecture standards – providing Optus requirements; aligning common strategy for the Group
- Define and maintain the Reference Architecture, Roadmap and Target state for Optus Data & Analytics platforms – aligned to GCDO, Group strategy and roadmap
- Mobilise Architecture resources for business consults, Impact Assessments, providing internal expert consulting on DPM technologies and strategy. Design High Level Solution Architectures, Costings and Timelines. Contribute in Delivery planning, technical & solution risk managements.
- Run Architecture and Design review groups across all DPM Chapters to review and sign-off relevant solution architecture artefacts for Projects and ARB (Architecture Review Board)
- Represent Optus DPM Architecture in the ARB and Architecture Expert Group. Act as focal point for DPM Architecture management and Architecture repository (MEGA).
- Maintain relationship with relevant technology and delivery partners at the country level.
- Keep abreast of relevant innovations in Data & Analytics domains - run relevant POCs and Prototypes for Optus – align and shares with Group data office
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in maths, statistics, computer science, information management, finance or economics
- At least 12 years of experience in the area of big data, data warehouse, BI & reporting and / or data management, including at least 8 years of experience in managing BI or big data development and operations team
- Experience in managing and driving outsourced vendors to delivery and operations objectives
- Hands-on experience in handling incident, problem, configuration, capacity and availability management
- Successfully implemented large-scale data warehouse / data lake
- Expert in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines
- Experience in data management, data architecture and design
- Strong technical knowledge of data integrations, ETL and data warehouse data modelling
- Strong knowledge of BI reporting tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of Telco data models
- Experience to do cost estimation and working with external vendors
- Experience with DevOps tools and environment
- Experience in building an enterprise level data analytics capability.
- Experience in leading complex, major change initiatives; skills in change management
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong background in operational and capital finances, and IT budget development
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.