|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Consumer Channel Marketing & Sales division (CCSM) plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We work closely with our external ecosystem and internal business groups to deliver amazing customer experiences powered by Microsoft Windows, Surface, Office, and Xbox, along with Azure, Azure Sphere, Azure Stack and Windows Server.
As the Xbox Channel Growth Category Lead in the Asia HQ organization you will be working on the expansion of the Xbox business into the Telco/Operator channel. You will be working with some of the biggest Operators across the Asian region (Japan, South Korea, India, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand) to assort and promote Xbox products in their channels. You will work alongside those operators to commercialize our Xbox Cloud Gaming Offerings in partnership with the Xbox business group, the engineering teams, and the consumer sales & marketing team.
Additionally you will work on the rollout of “Xbox All Access” (XAA) with those Telco partners and you will also lead the team that coordinates the rollout of XAA across both, the Telco channel as well as the Retail channel.
In this role you will be working with the Xbox field teams across multiple Asian markets, the global business group, engineering and our external partners (Operators & Retailers, Technical integrators, Distributors, etc).
- Becoming the Xbox Telco subject matter expert in Asia, leading the launch of our products in this exciting new channel in partnership with the Xbox Product, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Partner engagement at all levels, from pitching the products to high level decision makers to facilitating a smooth rollout in partnership with the Telco Sales lead and other internal & external stakeholders.
- Lead the technical integration work that is required for Telco partners to integrate with Microsoft’s and our Distributor’s systems in partnership with the Xbox Business and Engineering teams. This includes the program management and technology testing of the “recurring billing” model that supports Xbox Game Pass as well as Xbox All Access.
- Working with our Legal and Procurement teams to onboard external partners (distributors, technical integrators) to the project and driving the development of contracts & agreements
- Develop the gaming telco strategy and maintain a Roadmap to support rollout of our partners across many Asian markets & partners. Identify opportunities and prioritize them (regions & partners) according to their growth potential.
- Development and execution of the “go to market” plan for each of the selected telco partners in partnership with the local consumer sales & marketing teams
- Ownership of a rolling forecast model for all Xbox Telco revenue in partnership with the Asian Telco Sales lead.
- Support sales opportunities by developing unique value propositions & promotions with a focus on delivering a profitable channel expansion to the Microsoft gaming business.
- Deliver a successful “Xbox All Access” launch with our Telco partners in addition to leading the XAA program all up for Asia.
- Representing the Gaming Telco channel and XAA within the Asia team and keeping the broader CCSM & GSMO organizations up to speed on progress
- Tracking and managing the results of partners that have already launched. Sharing best practices and learnings to help with the rollout of future partners/regions.
- Sharp analytical skills and acumen to review and manage budgets, market data, and revenue opportunities.
- Able to have challenging conversations at all seniority levels internally and externally
- Strong ability to summarize complex business situations and to remove complexities
- Experience in project management, managing a product rollout from start to finish
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about building businesses, and thrives within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to directly deliver and deliver thru influence of others
- Previous experience in the consumer electronics industry, gaming industry, retail category management, or like business. Experience with devices sales in telco channels is a plus.
- A character that exemplifies Microsoft values including integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, and mutual respect.
- Strong English language skills, both verbally and written
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.