South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to Superintendent Mine Planning and Surveying, the purpose of the role is to prepare and certify statutory mine plans, along with providing professional, timely, targeted surveying services and support in compliance with the Mine survey management plan, Health and Safety Management System and relevant statutory legislation.
Other accountabilities include:
- Maintain the mine’s underground survey model and layers and provide access to index system.
- Updating and filing the statutory mine plans to the frequency and standard as required by relevant legislation.
- Provide technical surveying services and support to management, superintendents and supervisors.
- Support the development of the Hazard Management Plans for the mine and keep updated.
This position will be based at Appin operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney, with occasional travel to our Wollongong office, located at the University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus.
- Bachelor of Engineering (surveying) or Bachelor of Surveying
- NSW Registered Mine Surveyor
- 5 years as surveyor at an Australian mine site
- 3 years underground coal mining experience
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.